Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Top Chef, Season 11: Episode 1 reaction

I absolutely love watching cooking competition shows because it inspires me to further advance my own cooking skills. Top Chef has always been one of my favorites. I am so excited that this season is taking place in New Orleans. I feel like it is a place full of many different cultural influences which makes the food there even better! (Note, I have never been there, but maybe I should go and then write about my culinary experiences!) I was very impressed by this first episode, there seems to be a very high level of talent. Also, side note, how awesome is that house that they get to stay in??? I would like to try and cook some of the recipes that are cooked on the show, but to be very up front, since the three proteins in this episode were Turtle, Alligator, and Frog Legs, it's probably not going to happen just yet. Either way, if I had to pick a couple of my favorite chefs for this season, I would say Nina and Kerry to start. I was very pleased to see that Nina won the challenge, I think that she cooks from the heart and has a great personality. With Kerry, I see a very fun person with a big heart, and A LOT of cooking skills. As far as them sending home Ramon, I was honestly surprised. It seems like he had some pretty good cooking skills, he just happened to miss with this first dish, and the judges were not impressed. It seems like it will be a very intense season and I am looking forward to future episodes! Be sure to keep an eye out for any upcoming posts that may be inspired by the dishes seen on the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment