Monday, October 21, 2013

Baked Ziti

I have made a lot of pasta, and I have also made some killer lasagna (I'm sure there will be a post for that at some point!), but tonight I wanted to do something different: Baked Ziti. I figured it was easy enough, and it was! Granted, I simplified the process a bit, but it was still delicious! Most of the recipes called for adding ground sausage or beef, but I just wanted to do sauce and cheese. First, I boiled the pasta until it was al dente, then added a little olive oil to the pasta. I then added a layer of sauce to the pan, a layer of pasta, then more sauce and some cheese. I added a second layer of the same ingredients, then baked it in the oven for about 30 minutes at 350 degrees. On the side, I had some leftover frozen vegetables and some garlic breadsticks! The breadsticks that I bought are the kind that you just put in the oven for about ten minutes or until they are brown and crispy. So there you have it, another simple, yet delicious meal!





No comments:

Post a Comment