Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops

Recently I've been realizing that I have become really good at cooking a few select dishes, but haven't cooked anything different in the past few months. So I searched on the all powerful Twitter and found this great recipe for Pork Chops: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/parmesan-crusted-pork-chops-recipe.html?soc=whatscookingsocial_20140607_25477716.

Start out by seasoning the raw chops with the salt and pepper. The recipe says to "graciously" season them, but I would stay on the conservative side as I definitely used too much pepper. Next, cover each chop in the Parmesan cheese until it is fully coated. Then, dip into the egg and bread crumbs until it is fully coated again. Keep in mind that the order is important!

Once all of the chops have been seasoned/coated, heat the olive oil in a frying pan and cook each side for a few minutes until the crust is golden brown (as you can see in the photo below of the final product, I cooked mine a little too long). The cooking time is probably dependent upon the thickness of the pork. In my case, I used thin cuts so I tried to cook them for a shorter period of time than what the recipe called for.

Feel free to serve with whatever sides you want! I chose rice pilaf and some pickles, but there are many other options that would work well! Great recipe for the summer.




No comments:

Post a Comment