Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Turkey Chili



My apologies for the lack of posts lately! Last weekend I made a delicious (and fairly healthy!) turkey chili, which was perfect for the chilly (pun intended) weather last week. One of the best parts, it lasted me about 3-4 days! Here is a link to the recipe that I used: http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/turkey-bean-chili-00000000027199/. See the recipe for all of the ingredients. It was pretty simple though, you start by boiling the butter, garlic, peppers and onions (previously chopped) until all of the veggies are nice and tender:

Next you add in the ground turkey (I chose Turkey since it's slightly healthier than beef, but feel free to use whichever protein you want, or none at all!) until the Turkey is cooked through. Then add the tomato paste and spices (cumin and chili powder) and stir until everything is mixed. Lastly, add the tomatoes, water, salt and pepper, and kidney beans and BRING TO A BOIL. This is a very important step that unfortunately I forgot to do. It caused my chili to come out more like a soup (still tasted amazing though!). Once everything is boiling, turn down the heat and let simmer for about 15-20 minutes or until it becomes a thicker consistency. Then, top with cheddar cheese and enjoy! (I enjoyed mine with a delicious Mayflower IPA)


No comments:

Post a Comment